A general dentist is allowed to do every procedure everyone of the dental specialist can do, except for some of the more complicated oral surgery procedures such as orthognathic and TMJ surgeries. This includes:
- Pedodontics: Fillings, stainless steal crowns, space maintenance, extractions, frenectomy, guidance of eruption of teeth, cleanings and fluoride.
- Orthodontics: We have Dr. Jorge Donoso and his Advanced Orthodontic practice at our office one Friday per month to service all of our patient’s orthodontic needs.
- Periodontics: Cleanings, scaling & root planing, periodontal surgery, Free gingival grafts, Connective tissue grafts, bone grafts, Perio Protect, laser surgery and dental implant placement
- Endodontics: Root canal treatment
- Prosthodontics: Complete and partial dentures, crown and bridge, cosmetic dentistry, veneers, inlay/onlays, implant supported restorations
- Oral Surgery: Extractions, wisdom teeth, socket grafts, sinus lifts, platelet rich fibrin, IV sedation
- Community Dentistry: Free oral cancer screenings (by appointment).
- Implantology: Implant placement and restoration, bone grafts, sinus lifts, mini dental implants, cone beam CT scans, computer generated surgical guides.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Smile designs, veneers, white fillings, cosmetic colored crowns and bridges
- Laser Dentistry: Nd:YAG laser, diode laser, Er:YAG laser
- Digital Dentistry: Radiographs, Computerized records, diagnoDENT, Cone-Beam CT Scanner, Panograph, Cephlometric, iTero Digital Impressions, endodontic apex locators, Joint Vibration Analysis, TekScan, and Vita EasyShade.
- Sleep Dentistry: For the treatment of snoring and CPAP intolerant sleep apnea
The dentists at Cape Dental Care have taken extensive training in all aspects of general dentistry and continue to search out and bring advanced dentistry to our patients. Follow their continuing education timeline on our NEWS PAGE.